Our Latest Craft Beer Posts from Twitter

Friday, January 18, 2008

Ok, so I drank a lot that day


So it was a long night at Monk's Cafe. But there is a beer out there that cannot be missed if it is on tap: Delirium Tremens. Let's talk movies. Citizen Kane is widely regarded as the best film ever made. Now I don't walk around all day thinking about my next viewing but when I try to think of a better movie, I really can't. In 1997 Delirium Tremens was nominated as the best beer in the world. There are tons of beers I love and would gladly fight over. But if someone were to claim that DT is the best beer in the world, am I willing to fight over it? I should say not. It's a true classic.

Listed as a Belgian strong ale, DT has tripel-like qualities. An interesting blend of yeasts and spices invigorate the tongue. Sometimes this overpowers the taste buds and conquers the subtle wheat essence and the B-Nanna-ee flavor. Delirium Tremens is extremely drinkable, so be careful of the 8.5% abv. Those pink elephants are there for a reason.

Delirium Tremens:

Representation: .9
Accessabiltiy: .8
Style Points: .9
Personal Preference: 1.0

Total Score: 3.6 Flags

No comments:

Post a Comment