Our Latest Craft Beer Posts from Twitter

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Flying Fish Espresso Porter: Revisited

Flying Fish Espresso Porter (Draft):

Four score and seven beers ago, I was pretty tough on every brew up for review. The Toastmaster General advised me that under those strict Draconian guidelines just about no beer at all would ever be able to receive a 4.0 rating. Then the landed aristocracy keeps the commoners from advancing their station in life, class wars become inevitable and then we've got a revolution on our hands. Jesus, I don't need that. So I've lightened up a little with the ratings and most of them turn out pretty fair.

Anyhow, I recently visited PJ Whelihan's in Haddon Twp, NJ and tried the Flying Fish Espresso Porter on tap. Wow! My previous review of this beer may have been a little stingy, so I'm revising it. Keep in mind that the first review was of the bottled version; That being said:

I realize that not everyone will be able to handle this flavorful essprosion so the accessibility points went down just a bit. But all the other scores went up. It's really, really, really good.

Flying Fish Espresso Porter:

Representation: .90
Accessibility: .95
Style: 1.0
Personal Preference: .95

Total Score: 3.8 Flags

1 comment:

Flogistix said...

I really like the content of your post. . it interest me a lot to read about it..
natural gas compressor

Post a Comment