Our Latest Craft Beer Posts from Twitter

Monday, May 30, 2011

Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale (Citizen Review)

What: Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale 6.5% abv
Where: Sun Up Brewing (Phoenix, AZ)
When: February 26, 2010
What-have-youDale’s Pale Ale has a red, white, and blue with stars motif going on with its can design, so it is fitting that I review this on Memorial Day.  I crack open the can, and I can smell an initial recognizable hoppy aroma.  This is nice.  After a couple of sips, I am pretty sure this is the best beer I have ever had out of can.  No wonder this beer is so popular.

Thinking back 10 years or so while I was still in college, my friends and I would drink beers like Milwaukee’s Best Ice and Icehouse and Bud Ice.  Why?  Because they had higher alcohol contents, but wow, they really tasted bad.  So, when I drink Dale’s Pale Ale today, I am thinking this is pretty awesome.  It is a rock solid pale ale.  It is hoppy enough that someone might mistake it for an IPA, too, which is nice.  On a hot day, this beer is conveniently packaged in cans, delicious to taste and the 6.5% abv packs just enough of a kick that I am feeling better quicker, but its not going overboard.  Here’s to America, the red, white and blue, and Dale’s Pale Ale.  Pass me another can, please.

You can read what El Presidente had to say about Dale’s Pale Ale as well as some more Oskar Blues beers.  Check them out.




Email the VP

No comments:

Post a Comment