Our Latest Craft Beer Posts from Twitter

Sunday, April 13, 2008

You're Gonna Taste Hops in Your Mouth... - Arcadia Hopmouth Double IPA

Arcadia Hopmouth Double IPA:

As you may have read in my review of the Grey Lodge, this double IPA rocks my world. Serious IPAs sometimes overpower the tastebuds with hoppy bitterness or a lingering aftertaste. The body is generally lighter than an ale or a stout and the mouthfeel is frequently sharp. Hopmouth, however, combines all of the elements of a stellar ale with the hoppiness advertised by its name. It even has the creamy mouthfeel one would expect from a cask-conditioned ale. What a winner!

I've sampled lots of IPAs so I sometimes pass over a whole 6-pack of IPA in favor of singles, or reach instead for an ale with well-known drinkability (like Yards or Sierra). I won't pass this one over again. I look forward to trying Hopmouth in bottles. I have a feeling it may make it to the canon and join the vaulted ranks of such dignitaries as Victory Hop Devil and Troegs Hop Back. I'll be sure to let you know.


By the way, the alcohol content is 8.1% so don't get carried away. Extremely drinkable!

Arcadia Hopmouth Double IPA:

Representation: 1.0
Accessibility: 1.0
Style: 1.0
Personal Preference: 1.0

Total Score 4.0 Flags

No comments:

Post a Comment