Our Latest Craft Beer Posts from Twitter

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Pat's In Philly

I couldn't help but take a snapshot of this typical scene regarding beer in Philadelphia.  A Schmidt's van parked outside of McGillan's Olde Ale House on Drury St. in Philadelphia. Schmidt's was a fairly well-known brewery located in Philadelphia.  I think they got bought out by a larger brewery out west somewhere, but I remember it as the brand of beer I first enjoyed, probably at the tender age of 3 or so, sipping sips from my dad's can of Schmidt's.  And the Schmidt's van parked outside of McGillan's has a Philadelphia Brewing Co. sticker slapped on the side of it.  Because of legal reasons, I cannot publish photos of what was going on inside McGillan's (for the best), but here is a photo of the van.

No comments:

Post a Comment