Our Latest Craft Beer Posts from Twitter

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Flying Dog Snake Dog

Flying Dog Snake Dog IPA:

Flying Dog Snake Dog is not bad. Straight out of the bottle, it starts off a little too mellow for my tastes. Which might make one think that it would be a good beer to try if you've never had an IPA before. But just then, the finish hits: really dry and kinda hoppy with a slight bitterness. The finish sort of lingers on the back of the tongue. Be advised: I didn't know that the abv is 7.1%. The alcohol is very well masked, so don't get a false sense of sobriety when you kick back more than one.

So really what we have here is a jokester. Ha ha, I'm easy drinking. No, wait, I'm for advanced hop-heads. Nah, not really.

I don't want to bash this beer because it's not straight up stinky. But goodness, there are so many better ones out there, I can't rightly throw this one a parade. I'm not deporting Flying Dog just yet. I feel that they're putting forth an effort so I'm willing to try them again.

If you're searching for an IPA with even flavor and clean finish, here are a few which will be reviewed in the not-too-distant future: Victory Hop Devil (the ultimate), Troegs Hop Back, Lancaster Hop Hog, and Stone IPA.

Flying Dog Snake Dog IPA:

Representation: .70
Accessability: .75
Style: .70
Personal Preference: .70

Total Score: 2.85 Flags

No comments:

Post a Comment